Thursday, December 14, 2006

IVF Children Suffer More Over-All Health Problems Than Naturally-Conceived Children

Just in case you're wondering why I'm posting this article, its really to get your opinion. By your, I'm specifically speaking to those who are trying to get pregnant and finding it very difficult. There are several related articles and I'm left wondering how many people would take the chance if IVF was the only real chance they had of conceiving.

I could be going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't guess that most people who have (or know that they have) other options would not just opt for IVF. I guess the side effects and risks cross each and every patients mind but infertility drives people to measures they wouldn't otherwise think they were capable of handling.

I'm willing to guess that most patients would take their chances and hope and pray for the best, even if for no more than not being able to forgive themselves had they not at least tried. What are your thoughts? Personally the worry of having a child with abnormalities is there whether there is a fertility issue or not. At the end of the day I think I would do all that I could and pray for the best, just as I would if it were easier for me to conceive

IVF Children Suffer More Over-All Health Problems Than Naturally-Conceived Children

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to respond to your post, because you wanted our opinions... I will not go the IVF route. Not because of any of the information you posted but because I just cannot bring myself to it. To me it is strange... taking eggs out, making babies in a dish... freezing embrios for a later date. I just cannot do it.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 6:01:00 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I pray that you have a child by this time next year or are at least pregnant, they are a blessingGreat Blog!

Sunday, December 24, 2006 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home