Sunday, November 19, 2006

Is this normal?

Anxiety about becoming pregnant- even after trying to conceive for so long

Maybe it's just me but I'm starting to wonder if I am even cut out to be a mom. I suppose when its easier to get pregnant you don't really have time to sit around and think about the world of changes you life will take on once you have a child. There is the pregnancy excitement and then the real world.

I work a lot with teens and most of my friends have kids, and more than a few have newborns. After visiting them I fall in love with the babies but then the panic attack starts. This ususally starts as soon as they begin to cry and scream bloody murder for what seems to be no reason.

I really think the anxiety is normal because you want to be the best parent and provide the best for your family. This may sound strange coming from someone whose been trying for years to conceive but as much as I think I want to be a mom, the other sides wonders if I am up for the challenge or capable.

Do any of you feel this way?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there
i completely understand how you feel. i have been TTC for 1 year and i am a nurse in labor and delivery. the constant reminders of who is able to get pregnant (besides me) is very hard to deal with. i think how you feel is normal...and very difficult. take care of yourself.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean! I feel the same way. Sometimes all I want is to be a mom, then I get all panicky about it. I have been TTC for two years, 1 m/c, a laparoscopy and an HSG. It's not easy, and sometimes I feel out of control with my emotions. Other times I feel okay. Yuck, it's just no fun! Thanks for your blog, it's great!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home